Senior Motion Designer
As an ambassador for motion design for Shaped By and our clients you are responsible for bringing moving image to life through creative thinking, application and design.
Whether the output is an emotive film, product animation or a brand reveal you should always start with strategy. There should be an underlying portrayal of a brands’ core attitude and story in your work.
You are a lover of moving image design — have great industry awareness, creative ideas, great design and composition skills; and smart, clear, rational thinking and processes. Clear communication of a brand ethos, idea or message is your core mission. The role will require graphic design and motion skillsets to see a project through from end to end.
Elevating and enhancing final solutions through experimentation and working with accompanying disciplines (film crew, brand designers, illustrators, 3D animators, sound designers, copy writers, voiceover artists etc) to create excellence across all motion solutions.
For this role, we’re looking for:
- Work in a hybrid working model (typically 2 days remote working and 3 days in the studio).
- A minimum of 7 years’ industry experience
- Within the studio you are responsible for maintaining world-class creative skills and standards within your discipline and mentoring junior team members and consulting with senior team members
- Train and mentor junior team members to enable distribution of work, understanding of process, best practice and collaboration with other skills / disciplines
- Excellent full working knowledge and experience of Adobe Creative Cloud design tools: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Indesign etc
- Excellent creative thinking, ideation, visual communication, art direction, storyboarding and visualisation skills
- Confident in supporting creative and project leads in identifying needs and relevant talent for work streams at kick off stage as well as during projects
- Confident in arranging, facilitating and presenting internally and through creative client meetings, with minimal input from the senior team. Accumulating in successfully taking colleagues and clients on the project journey with you to inform, educate and excite – providing rationale and process
- You will ambitiously originate and push conceptual directions that are un-chartered to surprise and delight ourselves and our clients.
- You will be great at organising your workload and collaborating with others to enable us to deliver creative solutions on time and on budget
- Must be comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Able to engage with the strategic dimension of our work, get under the skin of clients’ issues and source relevant solutions
- No formal qualifications needed – we’re looking for the right skills and the best fit for the team to move the agency forwards
- Excite and inspire people around you – both colleagues and clients – and earn their respect and confidence.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary of £38-42K (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday +Christmas closure +Bank Holidays
- Annual training budget (£500 per person)
- Paid Birthday off
- Group life cover
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work and tech schemes
- Annual profit share
If this sounds right up your street and you can’t wait to get stuck in, we want to hear from you.
Apply below – including a cover letter and CV with your application.
Find out more about careers at Shaped By
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
At Shaped By, everyone is welcome and has the opportunity to get on. Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is at the core of how we do business. It’s embedded in our core principles: People first and product before profit.
As part of these principles, we’re committed to supporting inclusion and diversity. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.